Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blog Post 1

EDM310 turned out to be very different than what I had heard about this class. I had heard that you normally do not have to stay the whole two and a half hours. Although we did stay the whole time on the first day of class, I would have felt even more behind if I had missed the information taught. The Rate My Professor website gave me the idea that this class will require a lot of effort at home, away from the classroom. Right it was! I expect to be working my butt off to achieve my teachers requirements in this course. Despite the large work load, I've heard from many students that it is a rewarding class to have taken. In the end, you finish being more knowledgeable about micro computing systems in education.

Initially my fears for this class are overwhelming and we have only had the class once. Everything thrown at you has me scared out of my wits that I'm in over my head. Having so many assignments makes me afraid that I will overlook an assignment and it will be too late to turn it in or do it right properly. Another fear I have is them changing something on the blog post instructions or the project instructions and me not knowing. All of these fears fall under the number one fear of not passing the class because I can not afford to be any more behind than I already am.

EDM310 is not like any other class I have taken. Other than my past computer classes, I have never taken a course that was predominantly computer based other than online classes. EDM310 is seventy-five percent computer based and twenty-five percent based in the classroom. Graduate students helping teaching the class doesn't bother me because I had several of those at the University of Alabama. I also took a class at UA where we used blogging and computers to teach students, which I find very similar to this course. Even though this class requires good time management, I think that will be the most difficult thing for me. I don't want to put everything I have got into this class and fail my other five classes. So it looks like I need to get better at time management pretty quick. But in order to help I've tried to plan out days to specifically work on these assignments way before they are due. I also made a point to make sure the due date is very visible and I see it more than three times a day.

I feel like I will always be having questions in this class, but what better way to handle that than to ask away! I'm going to take this class day by day and assignment by assignment. I'm also going to remember to take deep breaths! I have not yet received the email on the project due dates, but I am curious as to when the first one is due. I would like to know how all these skills can be used in the elementary education field. I'm sure there are ways I know nothing about. I can't wait to continue and learn with this course!

www.pinterest.com/

1 comment:

  1. "I have not yet received the email on the project due dates, but I am curious as to when the first one is due." They are all in the checklist which you have.

    Six classes constitutes an overload!

    ReplyDelete