Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blog Post #8

21st Century Learning and Communicating Tools

Edmodo


The first learning and communicating tool I discovered was Edmodo. Edmodo is a online facebook-like environment where classes can connect online. It is very similar to blogger because you can access what other teachers are doing in their classrooms, collaborate on assignments, and discover new resources. Edmodo is used to get students excited about learning and keeping them engaged. Using tools online does help educational purposes more enjoyable for students. Kids these days love Facebook. So why not use a similar technological tool for learning? Technology creates a initiative to learn.

Grockit
My favorite by far is Grockit. This is a website for online study sessions. On Grockit you can study for your every day class test or even your ACT or SAT. Grockit is most beneficial for college level students. Grockit is convenient, no boring classrooms and lectures! Grockit predicts your score based on your answers and tracks your performances and improvements, projecting accurate score improvements. Grockit study plans provide practice tests, personalized insight into your weak subject areas, review of your work, and the right tutor to help you. This is perfect for any struggling college student, including myself. Which is the most important reason why Grockit is my new favorite learning and communicating tool.

These two tools seemed most important to me because I feel like I would really use them. Finding these was fun because I did not know they even had tools like this. Usually I only hear about tools from my professors, but it was awesome being able to go find them all on my own. Especially to look for ones that I can use in the future or specifically for certain subject while I'm currently enrolled in college courses. It is very rewarding to find and be able to use these today and for the rest of my educational experiences.

A+

1 comment:

  1. Great post Emma! I think I may have to look into Grockit myself. I have a big test coming up and this may be a tool that I need to use. Enjoyed reading your post. I not only got a new app to use for myself, but I also learned about something I may need in my classroom. I think with the way technology is going it will be much needed in classrooms. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete